Glavé & Holmes Architecture (G&HA) is pleased to announce 14 new hires in the last 10 months. The firm has attracted employees from near and far, Texas to D.C., New York to Florida. We can’t wait to show them why G&HA – and Richmond, Virginia – is a great place to work!
Higher Education Studio
- Michael J. Gibbs joined the firm as Project Designer with five years of experience. He received a Bachelor of Architecture and Master of Architecture from Judson University. Michael previously worked as a designer at McCrery Architects in Washington D.C.
- Irvin “Smitty” Lynch, III, ASAI, joined the firm as an Intern after working as a contract employee. He earned a Master of Architecture from Hampton University. Prior to joining G&HA, he was owner of DREAM Design and Illustration. Smitty has worked on various projects for government, higher education, and commercial clients.
- Connie Owens is a new Intern with G&HA. She recently received a Bachelor of Architecture from Notre Dame University. Connie previously held a summer internship with Hastings & Chivetta Architects in Missouri.
- Beau Woodrum, AIA, LEED AP, is a Project Manager/Project Architect at G&HA. He has a Master of Architecture from Virginia Tech and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Printmaking and Painting from Virginia Commonwealth University. He most recently worked for Platt Byard Dovell White Architects in New York and previously worked as an Independent Subcontractor to renovate older structures throughout Richmond.
- Nathan Varble, AIA, joined the firm as a Project Architect with more than 10 years of experience. He has a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin. He most recently worked with Parkhill, Smith & Cooper in Texas.
- David Matthews joined G&HA as an Intern. He has a Master of Architecture from Virginia Tech and a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Virginia. David previously worked with Balzer & Associates.
- Jaime Ycaza is a new Intern with the firm. He graduated from Catholic University with a Masters of Architecture and Masters of Science in Sustainable Design. He also has a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture from Virginia Commonwealth University. Jaime came to G&HA after working at SMBW.
Urban Architecture Studio
- Aaron Chupp, AIA, joined G&HA as a Project Manager/Project Architect. He received a Bachelor and Master of Architecture from Judson University. Aaron has worked in related industries since 1994 and most recently with Chipman Design Architecture in Illinois.
- Kate Lanni is a new Intern with the firm. She has a Master of Architecture from Virginia Tech and a Bachelor of Chemistry from Clemson University. She previously worked at Quackenbush Architects in South Carolina.
- Emily Winn, Associate AIA, joined the firm as a Project Manager/Project Architect. She received her Bachelor of Architecture from Virginia Tech. She worked most recently with Hummel & Associates as a project manager.
- John Reyna is a new Project Designer for the firm. He graduated with a Master of Architecture from University of Miami and a Bachelor of Philosophy from the University of South Carolina. Prior to coming to G&HA, John worked in the financial services industry, including experience with commercial real estate transactions. Most recently John worked for a high-end residential firm in Miami.
- Jeff Binsley joined the firm as a Project Designer with 15 years of experience. He has a Bachelor of Architecture from Virginia Tech. He most recently worked at Baskervill and has experience with project types ranging from hospitality to healthcare.
Hotel & Home Studio
- Kalee Hartman joined G&HA as an Intern. She is a recent graduate of Virginia Tech with a Master of Architecture. She also holds a Master of Fine Arts in Interiors Environments from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Bachelor of Studio Art from the University of Maryland. Kalee worked as an intern with Purple Cherry Architects before joining G&HA.
Interior Design Studio
- Megan Burton is a new Interior Designer with the firm. She graduated from Virginia Tech with a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design. Prior to coming to G&HA, she worked at Domain Design.
“We are very pleased to be able to bring such amazing talent to our firm and to Richmond. This group will help us to expand and continue to provide our clients with the best service possible,” S. Jeanne Lefever, AIA, Director of Human Resources, Business and Financial Operations, said.